Friday, June 03, 2005

More and More People Becoming Realtors!

Can you believe that as of today 6/3/2005, there are over 3600 Realtors in Fresno MLS, and to make it worse there are less than 800 active listings available in all of Fresno and Clovis. The market is very HOT with activity. Properties are still increasing in value and the real estate business is attracting many new licensees. If I were a buyer or especially a seller, I would want to work with an experienced Realtor, not a "newbie". Why would you trust your biggest investment to be handled by a rookie? I'm certain that my experience benefits my clients because I know the business well and have many contacts in all areas of the field, from service vendors, to contractors, to lenders and everyone affiliated in our local real estate market. I generally can save my clients money in the long run. Just a couple years ago we had less than 1000 agents working the Fresno market. I know that as the market cools down, and it eventually will because it can't increase forever, many of these newer agents will leave the business and get into something else. I don't feel threatened by the current number of agents, as I am in this business for the long run, I've seen the market go up and down over the last 24 years and I have the skills to make money in any kind of market

No comments: