Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Working with Fresno calRedd MLS Week 2

We are in our 2nd week working with the new calRedd system. We are the working guinea pig agents for the new statewide MLS system. I hope all the other cities that are considering this system for their MLS will pay tribute to the guinea pigs here in Fresno. We are the ones paying the dues here to help beta test and build the most powerful MLS in the world. At least that is what they are hoping for! At this point we are still nowhere near the features that the Rapattoni system had. I must admit, they are improving everyday and I am learning new tricks. I'm still not confident enough in the "auto prospecting" yet to go full steam ahead with my clients, but I can see that bugs are being fixed daily. Hopefully we will get more administrative controls for our agent profile pages. One peculiar thing also, is there are no hyperlinks anywhere on the pages, nor is there any way to verify emails have been sent or recieved by clients. I'm sure it's all in the works. Anyway, it seems the frustration level among agents is easing a bit as some of the search basics are learned by the agents to keep them working and selling properties.

3 comments:

Mike Pulskamp said...

I'm with Amador County Assoc. of REALTORS® and we are going with calRedd this winter as I understand it. I for one am looking forward to it and I heap total praise on you who have taken the burden on to beta test it with your livelihoods!

YOU ROCK!

If you would like any help with a safe mock client. I would be happy to volunteer.

M Klein said...

Hi, Mark here from eIDX.com. Just wanted to let you and your clients know that we have restored the www.fresnohomes.net home search to the previous version before all recent changes by the Fresno MLS system. Your website is updated with the newest real estate information for the Fresno California area.

Anonymous said...

Mike...
You better go to:
http://vendoralley.com/2009/08/20/calredd-has-fresno-mls-members-seeing-red/
and get the facts about Concentric's software.

Then BEG...and I mean BEG..your association to beta test, beta test and beta test again..before rolling out with Concentric software.
Just so you know ...Concentric is not the ONLY software company you can use with the Calredd system..
something that is NOT always explained...
...and our "burden" proved to be too much..and we have switched back...Thank God!